If you wish to use your domain name as a nameserver (in the same way that our domain valcatohosting.com forms our nameservers; ns1.valcatohosting.com and ns2.valcatohosting.com) you will need to register them - this means you will have custom nameservers!
Note: Valcato Hosting Managed Dedicated Server customers who have also registered their domain name through us do not need to complete the following steps.
- Click "My Domains" above,
- Click the "View Details" button next to the appropriate domain name,
- Click the "Register Nameservers" button,
- Fill in the Hostname and IP Address boxes and click "Save Changes",
For example, you may use the Hostname "ns1" and IP Address "111.222.333.444".
- You will then need to make changes to the domain name's DNS Zone by creating an A Record like:ns1.example.com. 399 IN A 111.222.333.444
Shared hosting customers will need to contact their webhosts to complete this last step.
These are now your nameservers, each domain you host will need to change their nameservers to match yours, instructions can be found here.
Was this answer helpful?
You may find that you are unable to create addon .ru domain names, receiving an "Error from park...
Six months after registering a domain name with us you will receive an email with the subject...
.uk domain names have a different transfer process, please refer to the article .uk Domain...
As per the Whois Data Accuracy Specification introduced by Internet Corporation For Assigned...
Upon registration of a .tel domain, the login details will be emailed to you. However if you...