By default servers are configured to use our DNS cluster. If you'd rather run your own DNS server and use your own nameservers, then you will need to register new nameservers with your domain registrar. The process differs from registrar to registrar and so we can only provide generalised information, the following process will probably differ slightly from your registrar's control panel so please refer to their help documentation for specific instructions.
Note: If you've registered your domain name with Valcato we can register your nameservers for you. Simply open a support ticket and we'll take care of it.
- Login at your registrar's website,
- Click Manage Domains,
- Click the appropriate domain name,
- Find the create or register nameservers page,
- Fill in the Hostname and IP Address boxes and click Submit,
- You must then inform us that you have registered your nameservers so that we can reconfigure your server.
The exact details you will need to use depend on your domain name and server IP address. For example, you may use the Hostname "ns1.example.com" and IP Address "111.222.333.444".
These are now your nameservers, each domain you host will need to change their nameservers to match yours, instructions can be found here.