Whois Data Verification
As per the Whois Data Accuracy Specification introduced by Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and effective from 1 January, 2014, we are required to verify the email address of the Registrant contact for each domain name, within 15 days of one of the following actions:
- a domain name being registered with unverified Registrant Contact email address,
- a domain name being transferred in from another Registrar,
- the Registrant Contact being replaced by a Contact with an unverified email address,
- the email address of the Registrant Contact being modified to an unverified email address,
- an unverified email address being associated with a domain name, after the domain name is moved to another Account.
The domains to which this applies are:
Accordingly, an email would be sent from the system to the Registrant Contact email address for verification, upon one of the above actions being performed.
If the Registrant Contact does not complete the verification process within 15 days, the domain name will be deactivated. It would then resolve to a page indicating the reason for the deactivation, along with instructions to activate the domain name. The domain name will be activated within 30 minutes of the verification process being completed.
Was this answer helpful?
If when checking the availability of your .uk domain our domain checker is showing it is...
Six months after registering a domain name with us you will receive an email with the subject...
We have received reports from customers that they have received a letter regarding the renewal of...
Legally you must provide your real name, postal address, phone number and email address when...
Transferring a .uk domain name can be a bit confusing if you've never done it before. This page...