Whois Data Verification
As per the Whois Data Accuracy Specification introduced by Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and effective from 1 January, 2014, we are required to verify the email address of the Registrant contact for each domain name, within 15 days of one of the following actions:
- a domain name being registered with unverified Registrant Contact email address,
- a domain name being transferred in from another Registrar,
- the Registrant Contact being replaced by a Contact with an unverified email address,
- the email address of the Registrant Contact being modified to an unverified email address,
- an unverified email address being associated with a domain name, after the domain name is moved to another Account.
The domains to which this applies are:
Accordingly, an email would be sent from the system to the Registrant Contact email address for verification, upon one of the above actions being performed.
If the Registrant Contact does not complete the verification process within 15 days, the domain name will be deactivated. It would then resolve to a page indicating the reason for the deactivation, along with instructions to activate the domain name. The domain name will be activated within 30 minutes of the verification process being completed.
Was this answer helpful?
If you failed to renew your domain name before it reached the expiry date you are in luck, you...
Domains cannot be cancelled immediately but they can be left to expire, to do that: Click...
.tel is a unique domain name as it acts as a kind of internet telephone directory; you can...
You may find that you are unable to create addon .ru domain names, receiving an "Error from park...
We have received reports from customers that they have received a letter regarding the renewal of...