I no longer have my Two-Factor device and/or backup code
On occasion you may no longer have the device upon which you configured two-factor authentication (eg. mobile phone or tablet) because it was lost, stolen or you've replaced it with a newer device. The backup code is provided for such situations:
- Login once with the backup code. For instructions doing that, please refer to this article
- Once logged in, navigate to the My Details > Change Security Settings page
- Click the "Click here to disable" button
- Enter your Valcato Account password to disable the two-factor authentication associated with your old device
- Click the "Return to client area" button
- You can now click the "Click here to enable" button to configure two-factor authentication on your new device
If you do not have access to your two-factor authentication device or the backup code, support can disable two-factor authentication:
- Please create a support ticket with the sales department
- A member of staff will ask your security question to confirm your identity
- Once your identity is confirmed, we will disable two factor authentication on your account so that you can login using just your email address and password
Was this answer helpful?
In the event that you have forgotten your Valcato Account password, please follow this procedure...
To access cPanel from your Valcato Account: Click "Home" above, In the yellow "Your Active...
Seeing the error message "The second factor you supplied was incorrect. Please try again" when...
What are Sub-Accounts? An extension of the Contacts feature, Sub-Accounts allow you to create...
If there's more than one person involved with your web hosting you may want to send some of our...